- OriginLondon, UK
- GenresRnB · SoulFul
OHEMA X (real name Lucy Ansa-Addo) is a singer, songwriter, freelance stylist and fashion designer from North London. She sings and writes songs that are infectious with memorable melodies collaborating with the producers of tomorrow. Her sound conveys boldness and creativity, all with the intention of inspiring others and luring us into a creative world ruled by new leaders.
OHEMA X is influenced by her cultural background (British Ghanaian), and draws on this to infuse storytelling, colour and imagination into her lyrics and sound.
OHEMA X is a University graduate from the London College of Fashion where she gained a BA Hons Fashion & Sportswear degree. She’s had amazing opportunities, conducting work experience at the age of 15 with world class fashion designer Bruce Oldfield (Princess Diana, Sienna Miller, Rihanna) and later working as assisting stylist for the Harry Potter cast such as Emma Watson, Tom Felton, Bonnie Wright to name a few.
Also, a published freelance stylist, she’s styled the likes of Shystie, Louis Smith (Olympic medallist) Stooshe, Angel, Smiler, Ayah Marar, Jagga and Lady Leshurr.
As a singer, songwriter she has already gained attention from the likes of Grammy Award Winner John Hudson known for his work with Tina Turner.
She has also put her writing talent to use by co-writing for a girl group who were signed to Jessie J’s previous team 141A management.
Her debut single “Freedom” was released on the 9th of September 2016. Teaming up with grime Legend Big Narstie, this incredibly powerful song provides an uplifting soundtrack for an increasingly divided society.
Freedom is taken from Ohema X’s self titled debut EP, which will be released on the 30th of September. Largely produced by veteran producer LDP, the EP features moving numbers as well as infectiously catchy and melodic pop. Ohema’s soaring vocals and powerful lyrics make for an incredibly enjoyable and beautiful piece of work.
Ohema X continues to exert her talent and creativity in the worlds of both music and fashion.
“My music highlights the past, present and future, created for everyone that believes in being different and evolving into something greater.” Ohema X
- 28/03Craig David & Big Narstie – Following My Intuition Tour – Nottingham Motorpoint Arena, Bolero Square, The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1LA
- 29/03Craig David & Big Narstie – Following My Intuition Tour – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena, Arena Way, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7NA
- 31/03Craig David & Big Narstie – Following My Intuition Tour – Leeds First Direct Arena, Arena Way, Leeds, LS2 8BY
- 01/04Craig David & Big Narstie – Following My Intuition Tour – Manchester Manchester Arena,Victoria Station, Manchester, M3 1AR
- 01/04Big Narstie – Antwerp Mansion Grime Special Antwerp Mansion, Rushmole Grove, Manchester, M14 5AQ